1.文法練習: fill in the four blank
The person I admire most is my friend, Kevin. We have known each other since we were in the first year/ were first graders in junior high school(我們從國中一年級時就認識了). My seat was just next to his, so we became good friends immediately.
Kevin studies hard and is good at math/ excels in math(他對數學很拿手). He usually helps the classmates who don’t understand math problems and explains every problem for them patiently. Besides, he is a positive boy. (3)Although he lost his right leg some years ago and had to depend on his wheelchair,
but he never complains about his fate.(畫線處有一個錯誤，請揪出) He told me before that he wanted to be a doctor one day so he can help more people who have the same trouble walking. I really admire Kevin’s determination and I believe that he (4)can make his dream come true(畫線處有一個錯誤，請揪出).
2. 翻譯練習- 我的偶像
我最喜歡的流行音樂偶像是蔡依林(Jolin Tsai)，因為他很時髦、聰明又勇敢。首先，她懂得用混搭不同服飾的方式，來表現(present)獨特的流行風格。除了能歌善舞，她也曾翻譯過瑪丹娜(Madonna)寫的童書《英倫玫瑰》(The English Roses)。我最佩服的是，即使在她事業最低潮(lowest point of her career)，她也沒有放棄。我希望蔡依林能繼續唱歌和翻譯，也希望我有一天能像他一樣勇敢有自信。
My favorite pop idol is Jolin Tsai because she is stylish, smart and brave. To begin with, she knows how to mix different kinds of clothes to present her unique fashion. Aside from being able to sing and dance , she translated Madonna’s children book, The English Roses. What I admire most is that even though she is at the lowest point of her career, she didn’t give up. I hope Jolin Tsai can continue her music and translation and that one day I can be as brave and confident as she is.
1. First Birthday學習單
2. 翻譯練習: 歷史老師
知識淵博: knowledgeable；精通: be an expert in；投影片slide；勃然大怒: lose one’s temper
Our history teacher is very knowledgeable and is an expert in world history. She is a talented storyteller and is always able to arouse our interest in usually boring history. Besides, she plays slides or video to make us more understand history events. When the results of mid-term exam came out, we didn’t do well on history. Although she is a bit of disappointed, she didn’t lose her temper. Our history teacher is so learned and creative in teaching so she is the best teacher I have met.
Good Luck and Bad Luck
Katie’s birthday party [Future Tense Practice-Answer key]
On Saturday, Katie will be one year old. Katie’s parents are going to have a birthday party. The party is going to begin at noon on Saturday. Many people will be at the party. Katie will have so much fun!
Katie’s dad is going to cook hamburgers. Katie’s grandmother is going to bring ice cream. Katie’s aunt is going to bake a cake. It will be a chocolate cake. Katie will love her cake!
All of Katie’s relatives will bring presents. Katie is going to open her presents after lunch. Then, everyone will eat cake and ice cream. Katie is going to have a good first birthday!
提示: monthly exam月考、得第二名come in second、考滿分get a perfect score
I could hardly believe how lucky I was last month. Early last month, I came in second in the guitar contest. In the middle of the month, I got a perfect score on my monthly English exam. At the end of the month, my uncle from Japan gave me a video game that I had always wanted for my birthday. I had never been so lucky in my life.
come in second
= finish second
=come in second place (不用加the)
=take /get second place
1 藍色文法 unit 22
2. 翻譯練習: Luck
提示: could hardly believe不敢相信、out of stock缺貨、had never been so…這輩子從來沒有
Jack could hardly believe how unlucky/unfortunate he was yesterday. Early in the morning when he was riding his bike to school, he almost hit an elderly person. During the math class, he got only 10 points on his quiz. When he went to the bookstore after school, he found that the book he had been wanting was out of stock. He had never been so unfortunate in his life.
藍色文法 unit 40
作文 — A Chaotic Science Fair
at least 120字
補充用字: invention (n.)發明、invent(v.)發明、enlarge(v.)變大、animate(v.)變得生動；science fair (n.)科展、judge(n.)評審、crash(v.)破壞(造成大聲響)
Of course, there’s more to raising children than biology. Anecdotal accounts points to younger parents having more energy, but older parents having more maturity and financial stability.
- cathedral(n.) 大教堂
- captain(n.) (v.)隊長/船長、統領
- camel(n.) [a large desertanimal with a long neck and either one or two humps (=large raised parts)on its back]
- frighten(v.) 驚嚇
- fridge(n.) 冰箱
- decrease (v.)
- increase (v.)
- absent (adj.)
- He is the ______ of our school’s basketball team.
- Opening the _______, I found nothing to eat but a plate of salad.
- Jean felt comfortable in ________ clothes.
- Have you heard the legend about the abandoned house? That will definitely _________ you.
- Jenny’s family usually go to the cathedral on Sunday mornings.
- Don’t be ______-minded in class, or you will lose the key points your teacher is saying.
- Food prices ________ by 10% in less than a year.
- Attacks of asthma _________ in frequency through early adult life.
- She is _________ to be married.
3. fill in the blank in the comic
1.PET Vocabulary you need to know
- admission (n.) 入場允許、門票
- access (n.) 使用的機會
- consist (v.) 組成
- contain (v.) 包含
- contest (n.) 比賽
- damage (v.) 破壞
- damaged (adj.) 被破壞的
- deal with (v.) 處理
- declare (v.) 宣布
- All the animals in the zoo should always have ______ to fresh, clean water.
- The product may _______ nuts.
- Sandy decided to hold a ________ to see who knows the most vocabulary.
- The cost includes free ____________ to the casinos.
- A state of emergency has been ________ .
- “How’s your day?” “Tiring. I was busy to _________ some difficult technical problems.”.
- Typhoons _________ our hometown every year.
- The careless student made the device _________ during the experiment
- The buffet _______ of several different Indian dishes.
Have you ever participated in a wedding ceremony? Please share your experience in detail (80-100 words)
這個影片討論這個問題: 南韓新世代，出現逃亡潮。壓力之大的面子文化! (看前7分鐘就可以)
想想台灣，也存在不少問題，不論是交通、政治、教育、環境、社會等方面，都有與南韓類似的狀況。 從你過去的經驗、看過的新聞報導，你認為台灣有那些問題? 請說明，並搭配舉例，讓文章更豐富。(100-130字)
造成: cause, lead to, give rise to
agency (n.) 代辦機構
admire (v.) 欣羨
engagement (n.) 訂婚